Article 1: You may qualify for a discount on your SDG&E bill
SDG&E offers several Assistance Programs to help lower your monthly bill while making your home more comfortable. Read more to determine if you qualify:
1. CARE: With the California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) Program, you can save every month on your bill. Eligibility is based on current household income or participation in certain public assistance programs and the number of people living in your home. To apply call 211 or connect at sdge.com/care.
2. Medical Baseline: The Medical Baseline Allowance Program has helped over 30,000 people – who have a qualifying medical need or medical device – to lower their energy costs. Contact us if someone in your household has:
- A compromised immune system or life-threatening illness
- Any condition where additional heating and air conditioning is medically necessary to sustain a person’s life
- One of the qualifying devices listed on the application
Household income is not a factor for qualifying, but a doctor’s certification on the application is required. To apply call 1-800-411-7343 or connect at sdge.com/medicalbaseline.
3. Energy Savings Assistance (ESA) Program: We’ll provide free energy-saving improvements to your apartment, condo, house or mobile home. You may receive free lighting, furnace repair, weather-stripping, attic insulation and select free appliances such as a refrigerator. Call 1-866-597-0597 or connect at sdge.com/esap to find out if you qualify. Renters need permission from their landlords to receive these free services.
Article 2: Getting your energy-saving products and rebates just got easier
Shop, compare prices and purchase energy-efficient products online with SDG&E Marketplace!
Looking for an easy way to shop for energy-efficient products and even get some cash back from your new purchase? With our enhanced SDG&E Marketplace, shopping and finding rebates is easier than ever. You can now:
- Create a private and secure profile, and save your product searches
- Receive price-change alerts for your favorite products
- Apply for rebates with an easier online process
Along with these new features, SDG&E Marketplace is still the place to comparison shop and find the best price from recognized retailers, as well as explore a variety of other helpful items like appliance estimated energy savings and popularity ratings for your favorite products. We’ve also added new merchandise and product categories.
SDG&E Marketplace continues to be your one-stop-shop for energy-saving items for your home. Visit marketplace.sdge.com today.
Article 3: Want a smart thermostat? Don’t miss this offer.
You can earn up to $125 when you purchase and install an eligible smart thermostat and sign up for Reduce Your Use Thermostat.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Purchase and install an approved smart thermostat
2. Upload your purchase receipt to SDG&E’s online Marketplace, and receive a $50 rebate
3. Enroll in Reduce Your Use Thermostat, and receive an additional $50 - $75
Visit SDG&E’s Marketplace to find a selection of eligible smart thermostats. You can compare prices, purchase directly from a variety of local retailers and have your device shipped directly to you.